This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.395 / 54°23'41"N
Longitude: -1.3028 / 1°18'9"W
OS Eastings: 445368
OS Northings: 500168
OS Grid: NZ453001
Mapcode National: GBR MKBM.R9
Mapcode Global: WHD7Q.YSTM
Entry Name: Stable Block to South East of Arncliffe Hall Including Numbers 1-5 Consecutive
Listing Date: 23 June 1966
Last Amended: 30 October 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1151376
English Heritage Legacy ID: 333127
Location: Ingleby Arncliffe, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, DL6
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Ingleby Arncliffe
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Ingleby Arncliffe All Saints
Church of England Diocese: York
INGLEBY ARNCLIFFE INGLEBY CROSS
NZ 40 SE
9/69 Stable block to
23/6/66 south-east of
as Hall Stables)
Stable block, c.1754 by John Carr, altered 1905 for Sir Hugh Bell.
Herringbone-tooled coursed sandstone; pantiled roof with stone
stacks. Rectangular plan with 4 ranges round a courtyard.
Main front has 2 storeys, 7 bays, symmetrical. 3-bay central section
has carriage arch flanked by round-arched windows with radial heads.
Projecting pedimented penultimate bays have round-arched recesses
of similar height with radial overlights above boarded doors.
Similar round-arched windows in outer bays; the whole linked by an
impost band. 2-light casements on first floor. Modillioned eaves
cornice. 2 ridge stacks. Short walls are links to 1-storey, 2-bay
outer pavilions, the right with pyramidal roof, the left with raised
walls. Each has 2 tall arches, with windows on the left and carriage
doors on the right, all with impost bands lower than the central
Under the main central arch are plain recessed doorways. Ranges
around the courtyard are of 1 storey except for the north side which
was raised to 2 storeys, probably by George Jack, and given large
tripartite windows to form dwellings. These and the smaller
windows elsewhere are all sashes with glazing bars; all doors
boarded. Bell coat-of-arms in ceramic plaque with : H.B. for F.J.
1905, on 2-storey section. Stepped and banded ridge stacks.
Listing NGR: NZ4536800168
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings