History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coachhouse Immediately to South West of Hatfield House Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Hatfield, Doncaster

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5743 / 53°34'27"N

Longitude: -1.0031 / 1°0'11"W

OS Eastings: 466106

OS Northings: 409094

OS Grid: SE661090

Mapcode National: GBR PWF3.MF

Mapcode Global: WHFF2.KFJ7

Entry Name: Coachhouse Immediately to South West of Hatfield House Farmhouse

Listing Date: 29 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1151587

English Heritage Legacy ID: 334621

Location: Hatfield, Doncaster, DN7

County: Doncaster

Civil Parish: Hatfield

Built-Up Area: Dunscroft

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Hatfield St Lawrence

Church of England Diocese: Sheffield

Find accommodation in
Thorne

Listing Text

HATFIELD MANOR ROAD
SE 6609 (SE 60 NE)
(west side)
16/46 Coachhouse immediately
to south-west of
Hatfield House Farmhouse
(By II
Coachhouse. Dated 1789. Red brick in English garden wall bond with ashlar
dressings, stone slate eaves courses to pantile roof. 2 storeys 1 : 1 : 1
bays an west side with central bay set forwards. Large quoins. Quoined
central bay has large boarded doors beneath round arch with impost band and
keystone. Impost band continues to left over garage doors set in recessed
round-arched panel with keystone; similar panel to bay 3. Eaves band
continues across gabled central bay; which has ledge to keyed lunette in
tympanum. Shaped kneelers and gable copings; ball finials with bands on left
and to each side of gable. Roar: central basket archway now bricked up;
bricked-up lunette over; other openings include door to 1st floor on right
flanked by slatted casements and bricked-up pitching holes on left. Right
return: two boarded ground-floor openings flank a boarded pitching hole with
another in gable; the numerals of date 1789 form tie-rod ends.
Left return: tie rods ends have initials 'W.G'. Former stable-block serving
Hatfield House (demolished), the initials are those of William Gossip who
married into the Hatfield family.


Listing NGR: SE6610609094

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.