This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4262 / 53°25'34"N
Longitude: -1.2671 / 1°16'1"W
OS Eastings: 448795
OS Northings: 392406
OS Grid: SK487924
Mapcode National: GBR MXLT.GJ
Mapcode Global: WHDDL.H4TR
Entry Name: The Warren
Listing Date: 4 January 1974
Last Amended: 1 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1151890
English Heritage Legacy ID: 335906
Location: Bramley, Rotherham, S66
Civil Parish: Bramley
Built-Up Area: Rotherham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Bramley St Francis
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
BRAMLEY MAIN STREET
(formerly listed as
Chapel now house. 1785 for M. Waterhouse, converted c1975. Coursed,
horizontally-tooled sandstone, slate roof. L-shaped plan with cross-wing
projecting to rear-left of 2 x 3 bay chapel; now all 2 storeys. Chapel has
wallstone plinth and C20 panelled door in C19 corniced stone porch with
frieze inscribed: 'WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL / BUILT BY M. WATERHOUSE ESQ
1785 / JOHN WESLEY PREACHED HERE JULY 1st 1786 / PRESENTED TO CONFERENCE
1802. Oculus above. Tall flanking windows now blind except far fanlights
beneath round arches with keystones; hipped roof with truncated ridge stack.
Wing set back an left has door to right of recessed panel with centre-
pivotted casement to each floor; gable copings and truncated end stack on
left. Left return of chapel: each bay has original tall window opening
altered to house C20 casement on each floor with wallstone panel between.
Interior not of special interest.
Listing NGR: SK4880492441
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings