This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6384 / 52°38'18"N
Longitude: 1.1504 / 1°9'1"E
OS Eastings: 613263
OS Northings: 309178
OS Grid: TG132091
Mapcode National: GBR TDQ.HPW
Mapcode Global: WHLS7.NY16
Entry Name: The Old Hall
Listing Date: 2 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1151936
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226518
Location: Marlingford and Colton, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR9
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Marlingford and Colton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Marlingford
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 10 NW MARLINGFORD BAWBURGH ROAD
4/45 The Old Hall,
Originally a Lobby-Entrance type farmhouse dated 1608 on re-positioned
facade datestone formerly on north gable-end. Facade and extensions added
in 1679 as advertised on"facade tie-ends'." Brick and'some'flint with pan-
tiled roofs. 2 storeys with attics and cellars. East facade of 9 bays.
7 blind windows. Mullion and transom frames with metal casements some
beneath skewback arches with cambered soffits. Front door with later porch
opposite off-centre axial stack. One gabled dormer and a gable-end stack.
One surviving wooden ovolo-moulded mullion window on north gable-end.
Crow-stepped gables. Varied extensions to rear with 2 fragmentary ovolo-
moulded mullion and transom attic windows. Symmetrical south facade (1679)
of 5 bays with 2 crow-stepped attic gables. Skewback arches (rusticated
at first floor centre) with mullion and transom window frames. 5 blind
windows. C18 raised and fielded panelled front door with a Doric doorcase.
2 plat-bands. Very fine staircase probably of 1679 with turned balusters
of attenuated-vase form and large panelled newels with pendants. Several
C18 panelled rooms with moulded cornices and dado rails and raised and
fielded panels. 3 overmantels with contemporary painted landscapes and
a fine coved recess flanked by fluted pilasters. Original roofs.
Listing NGR: TG1326309178
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings