History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House, Stables and Attached Walls and Piers C20 M North West of Thornfield Residential Home for the Elderly

A Grade II Listed Building in High Kelling, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9151 / 52°54'54"N

Longitude: 1.1191 / 1°7'8"E

OS Eastings: 609810

OS Northings: 339848

OS Grid: TG098398

Mapcode National: GBR T9D.7R9

Mapcode Global: WHLQW.5Z5M

Entry Name: Coach House, Stables and Attached Walls and Piers C20 M North West of Thornfield Residential Home for the Elderly

Listing Date: 27 September 1972

Last Amended: 30 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1152090

English Heritage Legacy ID: 224610

Location: High Kelling, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR25

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: High Kelling

Built-Up Area: High Kelling

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Holt with High Kelling

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Kelling

Listing Text

TG 03 NE KELLING HIGH KELLING

6/69 Coach house, stables
& attached walls &
27.9.72 piers c.20m NW of
Thornfield Residential
Home for the Elderly
(formerly listed
as Stables and Garages
at Home Place)

GV II


Coach house, now garage, one of a pair (qv 6/70) c.1904 by E.S. Prior.
Uncoursed flint with random carstone, carstone dressings, on-edge tile
decorations; pantiles. Single storey with tall attic in steeply pitched
roof, parapetted gable to front with brick tumbling in rising from low eaves;
wide semi-circular arch in carstone having tiles for keystone, doors within
deep recessed arch recess having weather-boarded left facade above; keyed
oculus with glazing bars to attic gable, other dressings of tiles; decorative
lozenges in tiles. 4-light leaded casement to right return, tall chimney
shaft in brick to right. Forward attached wall to right having tile string
course below brick cap; round pier in flint fallen at time of survey.
Forward stable wing to left: uncoursed flint with random carstone and tile
dressings, pantiles, gable parapets. 3 bays, single storey. Central arch
with carstone segmental head, tile jambs; 4-light leaded casements to left
and right with tile dressings; low quarter circle tanks in uncoursed flint
at angles to left and right. Gable to south-east with oculus having glazing
bars and alternate voussoirs of carstone and groups of tiles; attached walls
to left and right terminating in square carstone piers c.3m high.


Listing NGR: TG0981039848

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.