This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8077 / 51°48'27"N
Longitude: -1.9261 / 1°55'33"W
OS Eastings: 405192
OS Northings: 212117
OS Grid: SP051121
Mapcode National: GBR 3PT.RTG
Mapcode Global: VHB25.KTMM
Entry Name: Pair of Monuments in the Churchyard of the Church of St Andrew, Circa 8 Metres East of the Chancel
Listing Date: 12 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152100
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131075
Location: Chedworth, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Chedworth
Built-Up Area: Chedworth
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chedworth St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
CHEDWORTH CHEDWORTH VILLAGE
10/49 Pair of monuments in the
churchyard of the Church of
St Andrew, c8m east of the chancel
Chest tomb and ledger.
a) Chest tomb to Charles Turk of Coln St Dennis, died November
30th, 1831, and Elizabeth his daughter, died 1803. Limestone.
Inscription to Charles Turk on the south side with quadrant
corners and fluted marginal panels. Capping with moulded
margin and hipped upper capping stone with stepped and moulded
elements with roll-moulded and gadrooned ridge.
b) Ledger c0.7m to the north of the latter to Mary Court, died
1782 and Thomas Court, died 1805. Cast iron inscription in
raised lettering. A very unusual form, with good lettering.
Listing NGR: SP0519212117
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings