This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5861 / 52°35'10"N
Longitude: 1.0732 / 1°4'23"E
OS Eastings: 608288
OS Northings: 303138
OS Grid: TG082031
Mapcode National: GBR TF6.VHX
Mapcode Global: WHLSL.G887
Entry Name: Church of St James
Listing Date: 15 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152239
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226564
Location: Wicklewood, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR18
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Wicklewood
Built-Up Area: Wicklewood
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: High Oak
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 00 SE WICKLEWOOD LOW STREET
6/91 Church of St. James
Former parish church, now derelict. Mediaeval and later. Flint with ashlar
and some brick dressings. Slate roof. West tower, aisleless nave-cum-chancel,
2 former side chapels and a south porch. Unbuttressed, 3-stage, C15 west
tower with a 3-light Perpendicular west window, a dagger traceried sound hole
and a bell-stage rebuilt in 1714 according to datestone. Nave with 2 Perpen-
dicular traceried windows in blocked openings to former side chapels. 2
restored C13 lancet windows and a Victorian plate traceried east window.
Cusped piscina to former north side chapel on exterior. C15 chancel-arch
and arch to former south side chapel. Fine C13 double piscina with bell
capitals and filletted bowtells to arches. C15 porch with moulded archways
and stoop. Victorian hammerbeam roof. No furnishings.
Listing NGR: TG0828803138
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings