History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Tun House Circa 25 Metres West of the Malt Kilns and Brewery

A Grade II Listed Building in Letheringsett with Glandford, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9073 / 52°54'26"N

Longitude: 1.0632 / 1°3'47"E

OS Eastings: 606089

OS Northings: 338823

OS Grid: TG060388

Mapcode National: GBR T99.RMG

Mapcode Global: WHLR1.96J1

Entry Name: The Tun House Circa 25 Metres West of the Malt Kilns and Brewery

Listing Date: 30 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1152290

English Heritage Legacy ID: 224638

Location: Letheringsett with Glandford, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR25

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Letheringsett with Glandford

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Letheringsett St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Holt

Listing Text

TG 03 NE LETHERINGSETT WITH LETHERINGSETT
GLANDFORD THE STREET

6/101 The Tun House c25m
west of the Malt Kilns
and Brewery (q.v.
6/100)

GV II


Storage building of former brewery, dated 1814, brick and flint, hipped
pantile roof with central lantern. Square, gault brick to west and south,
rusticated bands to base, battered walls, oversailing cornice. West facade
with two semi-circular headed panels of pebble flint, string course at impost
level to brick central and clasping pilasters; cast iron plaque in central
spandrel inscribed W H/1814 (William Hardy 1770-1842). South facade of pebble
flint, with red brick oversailing cornices. East facade to brewery yard
of red brick, dressings with curved angles of header bond, large opening
renewed. High lunette opening to north for pigeon loft. Interior: roof
renewed, thick internal buttresses at angles. Tun House fomerly connected
to kilns by range of buildings of same age burnt down 1936.


Listing NGR: TG0608938823

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.