This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6264 / 50°37'34"N
Longitude: -2.2515 / 2°15'5"W
OS Eastings: 382304
OS Northings: 80769
OS Grid: SY823807
Mapcode National: GBR 222.MKW
Mapcode Global: FRA 675F.2MW
Entry Name: Parish Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 20 November 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152346
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108721
Location: West Lulworth, Purbeck, Dorset, BH20
Civil Parish: West Lulworth
Built-Up Area: West Lulworth
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: The Lulworths, Winfrith Newburgh and Chaldon
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SY 8280, SY 8279, SY 8180, SY 8179, SY 8379
17/269 WEST LULWORTH
20.11.59 Parish Church of the
Parish church. Built 1869-70 on new site north of village. Architect G. Hicks.
Some stonework from old church re-used in the vestry.
Stone walls. Tiled roofs, gables with parapets and stone copings.
Nave of four bays, north aisle, chancel with north vestry, tower west end of nave -
on south side; base of this forms porch.
Tower of two stages with projecting stair turret on west. Two-light belfry window
in west wall of upper stage. Lancet windows in lower stage. Entrance doorway in
south wall with moulded arch. Angle buttresses.
South wall buttressed. Nave has two-light windows - chancel has one two-light and
one three-light window - all traceried. East wall of chancel has three-light
traceried window. North wall buttressed. Aisle has two-light traceried windows.
West wall has separate gables to nave and aisle. Two-light window to aisle and
four-light window to nave - both traceried.
Internally, all roofs of pine. Nave has arch-braced collar beam roof, aisle has
arch-braces scissor truss roof. Chancel has boarded waggon roof. North arcade has
circular columns with carved capitals. All fittings c1869. Stone pulpit and font.
Some good late C19 stained glass by Kempe. Churchyard monuments all C19 and later.
Listing NGR: SY8230480769
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings