This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9315 / 52°55'53"N
Longitude: 1.1886 / 1°11'19"E
OS Eastings: 614401
OS Northings: 341881
OS Grid: TG144418
Mapcode National: GBR VBM.79Y
Mapcode Global: WHLQX.7L80
Entry Name: The Conduit, Circa 30 Metres North West of Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 20 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152418
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224651
Location: Upper Sheringham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR26
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Upper Sheringham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 01/11/2012
TG 14 SW
The Conduit, c.30m
north-west of Church
of All Saints
(Formerly listed as The Conduit, c.30m south-west of Church of All Saints)
Conduit, dated 1814, built at expense of Abbot Upcher. Pebble flint with
gault brick dressings. Circular cistern c.4m across, walls c,lm high of
pebble flint panels articulated by vertical bands and pilaster strips of
brick; coping of stone and brick. To the north the wall raised on the curve
to broken stone pediment having dentil cornice. Semi-circular arch below
with stone imposts and projecting keystone; two flanking brick pilasters.
Stone beneath pediment inscribed ANNO PACIS / MDCCCXIV. Broken pediment,
dentil cornice, keystone and stone imposts to rear. Rendered brick trough
to front with cast iron flat capping to front over wall of black glazed brick.
Interior: circular slope from enclosing wall to central tank of black glazed
Listing NGR: TG1440141881
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings