This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7987 / 51°47'55"N
Longitude: -1.901 / 1°54'3"W
OS Eastings: 406924
OS Northings: 211116
OS Grid: SP069111
Mapcode National: GBR 3Q2.07N
Mapcode Global: VHB2D.01CZ
Entry Name: The Chapel House
Listing Date: 27 February 1979
Last Amended: 12 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152451
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131113
Location: Chedworth, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Chedworth
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chedworth St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
CHEDWORTH LOWER CHEDWORTH
12/87 The Chapel House
(formerly listed as former
27.2.79 Congregational Chapel)
Former Congregational Chapel now converted into house.
Inscription 'Erected A.D. 1752 / Re-erected A.D. 1804' over porch
arch. Facade: coursed squared and dressed limestone, otherwise
limestone rubble with dressed stone quoins; slate roof with C20
ashlar stack. Rectangular main body with extension set back to
the right. Main body: 2 storeys with single-storey extension.
Symmetrical 3-windowed facade: fixed casements with Gothick
glazing with round-headed surrounds with keystones to the ground
floor. Central double 6-panel door with fanlight with Gothick
glazing bars. C19 flat-roofed porch with a round-headed arched
entrance formerly with a tympanum inscribed 'Enter into His Courts
with praise' (now removed). Paired lancets with Gothick glazing
at the rear. Single-storey extension with two 2-light top opening
casements with glazing bars. Pyramidal roof to main body with
central C20 stack.
Interior: gallery on south-east side of main body supported on
Listing NGR: SP0692411116
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings