This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9068 / 52°54'24"N
Longitude: 0.7551 / 0°45'18"E
OS Eastings: 585376
OS Northings: 337932
OS Grid: TF853379
Mapcode National: GBR R67.RQX
Mapcode Global: WHKPR.K6SD
Entry Name: Red House Cottage the Red House
Listing Date: 18 April 1985
Last Amended: 17 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152624
English Heritage Legacy ID: 221569
Location: North Creake, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, NR21
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Civil Parish: North Creake
Built-Up Area: North Creake
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Creake North St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 83 NE NORTH CREAKE CHURCH STREET (west)
5/37 No. 24, 26, 28,
(The Red House)
Row of 3 houses. No. 28, The Red House, 1778. Red brick, red pantiled roof.
2 storeys with attics, "L" on plan with east returned gable. Gable has one
ground floor, 2 first floor and one attic sash with glazing bars. 2 blocked
ground floor openings with flat rubbed brick arches of earlier, narrower
windows. Elaborate and somewhat retardataire shaped gable with coped brick
parapet. 'TH' purlin-iron stops, datestone 1778. Range to north has one ground
and one first floor sash with glazing bars, one fixed casement with glazing
bars. C.1800 wooden doorcase with 2 Greek Doric fluted quarter columns at
canted angle. 6 panel door, 4 glazed panels, simple arched fanlight without
tracery. No. 26, 2-window house and No. 24, 3-window house to north are
included for group value. One ridge and one north end stack.
Listing NGR: TF8537637932
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings