This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6565 / 50°39'23"N
Longitude: -2.2818 / 2°16'54"W
OS Eastings: 380175
OS Northings: 84127
OS Grid: SY801841
Mapcode National: GBR 109.RXD
Mapcode Global: FRA 673B.NVR
Entry Name: Rectory Farm House, and Attached Barn
Listing Date: 20 November 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152648
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108782
Location: Winfrith Newburgh, Purbeck, Dorset, DT2
Civil Parish: Winfrith Newburgh
Built-Up Area: Winfrith Newburgh
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: The Lulworths, Winfrith Newburgh and Chaldon
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SY 8084, SY 8184, SY 8185, SY 8085
18/330 WINFRITH NEWBURGH CHALDON ROAD
20.11.59 (North-West Side)
Rectory Farm House,
and attached barn
Farm house. Late C18-early C19. Stone walls, thatched roof, stone stack. L-shaped
plan with small house and attached barn - in the Laithe House tradition - (unusual
in Dorset). Two storeys. Brick porch in internal angle, with slate lean-to roof.
House has, on ground floor, one fixed window and one casement, both with glazing
bars. Barn has pair of large doors, also a single ledged door with loft door over.
Attached farm building at north end, of stone with thatched roof.
Listing NGR: SY8017584127
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings