This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8713 / 52°52'16"N
Longitude: 1.1107 / 1°6'38"E
OS Eastings: 609454
OS Northings: 334958
OS Grid: TG094349
Mapcode National: GBR T9R.ZKY
Mapcode Global: WHLR8.1353
Entry Name: Old Hall Farmhouse
Listing Date: 4 October 1960
Last Amended: 20 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1152709
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224051
Location: Edgefield, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR24
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Edgefield
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
EDGEFIELD RECTORY ROAD
TG 03 SE
Old Hall Farmhouse (formerly
listed as Riche's. Farm known as
4.10.60. Hall Farm dated 1468)
House, C16 with additions c1600. Flint with brick dressings, pantile roof.
3 cell single range, porch to front, stair turret and wing to rear. 2
storeys and attic. Off-centre axial stack to right, internal left gable
end stack rebuilt. Front renewed 1980's. C19 and C20 3-light casements
with glazing bars; 2 gabled roof dormers with casements to right. Right
hand gable rebuilt and chimney stack renewed. Single storey outshut to
front at right hand side. Right wall of renewed flint under brick gable
with tumbled brickwork. Pantile roof. Projecting 3 storeyed gabled brick
porch with pantiles, c1600; clasping polygonal buttresses ending in
pyramidal finials. Doorway with semicircular head under renewed rendered
pediment: rendered rusticated jambs. Semicircular fanlight with glazing
bars; first and second floor casement windows under rendered pediments,
that to first floor having glazing bars and rendered rusticated jambs;
fire insurance plaque under second storey window. Rear: central 3-storeyed
stair turret has 4 blocked openings and one casement window. 2 storeyed
wing to left, c1600. French window, c1985, in ground floor gable end.
Small infill extension with catslide roof between stair turret and wing.
C19 single storey service addition to left of wing. Interior: ovolo
moulded doorcases to front outshut and to rear wing; large ovolo moulded
doorcase with elaborate stops to stair turret; moulded lintel to window
in central bay; first floor principal beams chamfered, some with bar stops.
Roof much renewed; new roof to rear wing; internal gable end stack removed
on ground and attic floors of wing; first floor has brick fireplace with
Listing NGR: TG0945434958
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings