History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Row of 3 Monuments in the Churchyard of the Church of St John the Baptist Circa 7 Metres East of the East End of the Chancel

A Grade II Listed Building in Great Rissington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8527 / 51°51'9"N

Longitude: -1.7178 / 1°43'3"W

OS Eastings: 419535

OS Northings: 217158

OS Grid: SP195171

Mapcode National: GBR 4QV.Y7X

Mapcode Global: VHBZK.5PRL

Entry Name: Row of 3 Monuments in the Churchyard of the Church of St John the Baptist Circa 7 Metres East of the East End of the Chancel

Listing Date: 28 May 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1152832

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130886

Location: Great Rissington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Great Rissington

Built-Up Area: Great Rissington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Great Rissington St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Great Rissington

Listing Text

GREAT RISSINGTON GREAT RISSINGTON VILLAGE
SP 1917-2017
9/153 Row of 3 monuments in the churchyard
of the Church of St John the Baptist
c7m east of the east end of the
chancel
GV II
Row of 3 headstones all facing west. Limestone. Late C18.
Headstone at the left end of the row. Canted head with a winged
angel's head at the top. Illegible inscription with foliate
scrollwork below.
Headstone set slightly back to the right of the latter to William
Gill---, died 1739. Moulded segmental head. Single flower at top.
Headstone immediately to the right with partially legible
inscription dated 1771. Segmental head with a winged cherub's head
at the top. Foliate scrollwork around the inscription.

Listing NGR: SP1953517158

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.