History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Jubilee Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Matlask, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.868 / 52°52'4"N

Longitude: 1.1914 / 1°11'29"E

OS Eastings: 614902

OS Northings: 334827

OS Grid: TG149348

Mapcode National: GBR VCD.225

Mapcode Global: WHLR9.85LN

Entry Name: Jubilee Cottage

Listing Date: 20 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1152880

English Heritage Legacy ID: 224096

Location: Matlask, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR11

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Matlask

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Matlaske St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Plumstead

Listing Text

MATLASKE THE STREET,
TG 13 SW
(North side)
7/77
No 21 and No 23 (Jubilee
Cottage)
II
Cottage, formerly two dwellings, late C17/early C18. Coursed flint and brick,
flint plinth, pantiles. 2 cell plan, one storey and attic. West front:
2-light casements with glazing bars, to 2 dormers and to 3 ground floor
windows, the 2nd in blocked former doorway; eaves dentil cornice; gable end
internal stacks, raised parapet to gables. South gable to street: flint
with brick pattern work of lozenges; narrow brick capped plinth; 2 small
attic windows, one blocked. East front of coursed brick flint mosaic, and
of flint. Chimney bay to left off-set by c10cm with brick quoins; chimney
bay to right in different mosaic. Central coped porch of wood and lattice.
2 casements. Eaves rebuilt. Interior: staircase now central, formerly
behind north stack. Roughly chamfered longitudinal beam to north cell.
Single storey extension to north in pebble flint under black glazed tiles.
Stone plaque on gable inscribed ITM (John Thomas Mott) 1874.


Listing NGR: TG1490234827

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.