This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7336 / 51°44'1"N
Longitude: -1.7867 / 1°47'12"W
OS Eastings: 414823
OS Northings: 203902
OS Grid: SP148039
Mapcode National: GBR 4S9.C2L
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.ZP8C
Entry Name: King and Randall Monuments, About 6 Metres South West of South Door in Churchyard of Church of St Swithin
Listing Date: 17 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153078
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129869
Location: Quenington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Quenington
Built-Up Area: Quenington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Coln St Aldwyn St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 10 SW QUENINGTON CHURCH ROAD
6/243 King and Randall monuments, about
6m south-west of south door in
churchyard of Church of St. Swithin
Two chest tombs. John King 1826 and ------- Randall 1787(?).
Limestone. Both tent tops, stepped to Randall, with moulded plinth
and capping. King has slab sides and ends with plain pilaster
strips, missing to east. Randall has quarter baluster corners,
plain frieze, plain ends and recessed sides. Both tombs set
together on surround of headstones probably mainly of C19.
Listing NGR: SP1482303902
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings