This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5743 / 55°34'27"N
Longitude: -2.1052 / 2°6'18"W
OS Eastings: 393462
OS Northings: 631181
OS Grid: NT934311
Mapcode National: GBR F3RZ.0M
Mapcode Global: WH9ZG.M5Q1
Entry Name: Planter in Walled Garden Circa 70 Yards North West of Coupland Castle
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153114
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237613
Location: Ewart, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Ewart
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Kirknewton St Gregory
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 93 SW
Planter in walled
garden c.70 yards
Planter, formerly a font. Probably medieval. Sandstone, c.27 inches square
with convex sides c. 12 inches high. On the corners four projecting beasts'
heads. Along each side, bands of decoration including roll mouldings and
interlaced circles containing crosses with central roundels.
Listing NGR: NT9346231181
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings