This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7352 / 51°44'6"N
Longitude: -1.7853 / 1°47'7"W
OS Eastings: 414919
OS Northings: 204076
OS Grid: SP149040
Mapcode National: GBR 4S9.5G3
Mapcode Global: VHB2N.0NJ4
Entry Name: The Long House
Listing Date: 17 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153118
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129880
Location: Quenington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Quenington
Built-Up Area: Quenington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Coln St Aldwyn St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 1404-1504 QUENINGTON VICTORIA ROAD
(east side) )
12/254 The Long House
Large detached house. Core of early C17, enlarged to south in C19,
and to west in C20. Close to site of C16 corn mill. Rubble stone,
stone slate roof with coped verges, stone end stacks originally,
that to left with offset and moulded cornice, truncated to right,
and large ashlar end or external stacks to C19 additions. Mainly
2-storey. Originally single range, with C19 wings to front and
side on right, and small single storey entrance bay across front
with gabled porch and single storey and attic section to left.
West side of C17 house has three remaining 3-light stone mullions
with stone hoodmoulds on first floor, blocked to left. Remaining
fenestration on this side in similar style but of C19 or C20. Rear
view and interior not accessible at time of survey.
Listing NGR: SP1491904076
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings