History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Two Adjoining Barns at Saddlewood Manor and Cart Shed Adjoining on South East

A Grade II Listed Building in Didmarton, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6068 / 51°36'24"N

Longitude: -2.275 / 2°16'30"W

OS Eastings: 381048

OS Northings: 189804

OS Grid: ST810898

Mapcode National: GBR 0MX.7MV

Mapcode Global: VH95H.JW44

Entry Name: Two Adjoining Barns at Saddlewood Manor and Cart Shed Adjoining on South East

Listing Date: 6 September 1954

Last Amended: 16 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1153190

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130364

Location: Didmarton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Didmarton

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Alderley St Kenelm

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Didmarton

Listing Text

DIDMARTON A46
ST 88 NW
(off east side)
9/50 Two adjoining barns at Saddlewood
Manor (formerly listed as Tithe Barn
with Saddlewood Farmhouse) and cart-
6.9.54 shed adjoining on south east
GV II

Two adjoining barns forming single visual structure, and cartshed
attached to south east corner. Barn to north dated 1746, addition
to south probably late C18. Random coursed rubble stone with flush
quoins to earlier structure, coursed stone with quoins to porches
on later structure, both with stone slate roof. West side has
gabled cart entry just left of centre to each barn with boarded
gables and timber doors to both (renewed doors to north), and small
lean-to on north end. East side has opposed projecting low level
cart entries both with shallow relieving arch and cambered timber
lintel, but blocked and of 2 storeys to north. Both of 6 bays with
collar and tie beam trusses with high cambered stone arch on wall
plane on west side. Scattered slit vents. Entry on east side of
later barn had some kind of loading bay or ramp, now partly
dismantled. Cartshed to south east of double width, 3 bays deep,
with hipped front, partially collapsed on south wall at time of
survey (March 1986) and with later prop centre front.


Listing NGR: ST8104889804

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.