This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8345 / 52°50'4"N
Longitude: 1.0844 / 1°5'3"E
OS Eastings: 607859
OS Northings: 330792
OS Grid: TG078307
Mapcode National: GBR TB9.BZ4
Mapcode Global: WHLRF.M0KT
Entry Name: Rookery Farm House
Listing Date: 30 November 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153218
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224012
Location: Thurning, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR24
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Thurning
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Thurning St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 03 SE THURNING
4/100 Rookery Farm House.
Farmhouse c.1700. Red brick, black glazed pantiled. 2 storey with attics,
double pile house with single storey red pantiled wing to west. House of
2 builds, the earlier to the west with off-centre straight joint to north and
south piles. South front with 2 3-light ground floor casements, first floor
2 3-light and one 2-light casements, all with glazing bars. 2 gabled attic
dormers. C19 brick porch with Gothick headed switch tracery casements to
east and west. Part glazed 2 leaf doors with margin lights. 2 blocked windows
at east. Brick dentil cornice, off-centre and west end stacks perhaps marking
original extent of house, west gable with kneelers and brick parapet. To
east both piles with shaped gables with arched Gothick profiles, with mid C19
casement windows to each floor. West wing with one 3-light casement, and
wooden moulded doorcase with 4 centred arch presumably re-used here. Interior
with chamfered and stopped beams to both piles.
Listing NGR: TG0785930792
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings