History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Driffield, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7025 / 51°42'9"N

Longitude: -1.9004 / 1°54'1"W

OS Eastings: 406981

OS Northings: 200422

OS Grid: SP069004

Mapcode National: GBR 3R7.6C2

Mapcode Global: VHB2S.0GPQ

Entry Name: The Manor House

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1153284

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129332

Location: Driffield, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Driffield

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Driffield (including Harnhill)

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Ampney Crucis

Listing Text

DRIFFIELD HARNHILL
SP 00 SE
4/35 The Manor House
4.6.52
GV II
Country house. Partly dating from late C16, refronted early C18.
Rubble stone faced in roughcast on south-east with parapet and
cornice and small central pediment, stone slate roof with stone end
stack to main range, scattered stone stacks elsewhere. Large main
range to south-east with rear wings and smaller, probably oldest
wing to right. Main front of 2 storeys, 4 windows on first floor,
three 12-pane sashes and one twin 4-pane sash. Ground floor has
five 18-pane sashes. All windows with moulded stone architraves,
dropped keystone and small cornice. Door to left of centre of 6
fielded panels with 3-light fanlight and elaborate broken pediment
on consoles with shield bearing date "ANNO/1584". Similar windows
on left hand return of main range with one 2-light stone mullion
and transom to each floor of rear wing. Right hand return has
small single attic light, stone framed with dripmould. Right hand
wing has small gable with 2-light stone mullion and hoodmould and
3-light below.
Interior: oak-panelled hall, C18 marble fireplace in ground floor
room on left, most of the original joinery remains.


Listing NGR: SP0698100422

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.