This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0123 / 52°0'44"N
Longitude: -1.7613 / 1°45'40"W
OS Eastings: 416480
OS Northings: 234896
OS Grid: SP164348
Mapcode National: GBR 4NV.ZF2
Mapcode Global: VHB19.FP78
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153475
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126829
Location: Blockley, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL56
Civil Parish: Blockley
Built-Up Area: Blockley
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Blockley St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 1634 8/4 BLOCKLEY LOWER STREET
SP 1634 NW 9/4 (North-West side)
25.8.60 The Manor House
Immediately south of the Church. Site of the mediaeval summer palace of the Bishops
of Worcester. Rebuilt before 1539 and remodelled in C18. Irregular, 2 storeys and
attics; built in coursed rubble with stone tile roofs; coped verges; numerous
chimneys. 3:1:2:1:2 windows - central 2 windows flanked by gabled projections,
2 windows deep. Mostly glazing bar sash windows, right hand gable with mullioned
windows. Tudor arch doorway with carved spandrels in link section between gables;
another to right of right hand gable, 6 panelled in a cast-iron porch.
Stair in left hand gable, turned ballusters and moulded handrail of late C17 type.
Listing NGR: SP1648034896
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings