This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.1032 / 55°6'11"N
Longitude: -1.842 / 1°50'31"W
OS Eastings: 410179
OS Northings: 578764
OS Grid: NZ101787
Mapcode National: GBR H9LF.0G
Mapcode Global: WHC2V.PZ1Q
Entry Name: The Arcade
Listing Date: 28 April 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153733
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238522
Location: Belsay, Northumberland, NE20
Civil Parish: Belsay
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Bolam St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 17 NE
The Arcade No. 1
House. 1830's by Sir Charles Monck. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys.
Arcaded on ground floor with narrow round-headed arch to left and two wide
elliptical arches to right. Within the arcade are 2 stable-type doors and 2
large segment-headed windows with small leaded panes; C20 casements above.
Double-span, shallow-pitch roof with stone eaves and banded stack in the central
Interior has boarded doors and stone stairs.
Part of a planned village street built as a row of 13 houses.
Listing NGR: NZ101817978764
Other nearby listed buildings