This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6859 / 50°41'9"N
Longitude: -2.1105 / 2°6'37"W
OS Eastings: 392291
OS Northings: 87368
OS Grid: SY922873
Mapcode National: GBR 32T.TGY
Mapcode Global: FRA 67G8.9MJ
Entry Name: 2 and 4, West Street
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Last Amended: 8 April 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153757
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108111
Location: Wareham Town, Purbeck, Dorset, BH20
Civil Parish: Wareham Town
Built-Up Area: Wareham
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Wareham Lady St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5190 WEST STREET
Nos 2 & 4
as No 2)
SY 9287 1/81 7.5.52
C18. Stucco. Hipped tile roof. Stone slates above eaves. Red brick stacks.
2 storeys and attics. Brick modillion eaves cornice. South elevation has 2 ranges
of cased sashes. 3 blocked windows on 1st floor. 1 cantedbay window with sashes
and glazing bars and entablature with idiosyncratic cornice. Left-hand door with
6 moulded panels and semi-circular fanlight. Right-hand door modern with semi-circular
fanlight, in original moulded panelled reveals. Doorcase with reeded pilasters
and Doric entablature taking open dentilled pediment. 2 attic dormers with hipped
tile roofs, and tile-hung sides, 1 with casement and lead glazing bars and 1 with
East elevation has C19 shopfront with pilasters to fascia flanked by elaborately
moulded consoles. 3 cased sashes with glazing bars on 1st floor, 1 attic dormer
with hipped tile roof, tile-hung cheeks and sash.
The Red Lion Hotel and Nos 2 to 12 (even) form a group.
Listing NGR: SY9229287368
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings