History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Tarrant Keyneston, Dorset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.836 / 50°50'9"N

Longitude: -2.1076 / 2°6'27"W

OS Eastings: 392516

OS Northings: 104059

OS Grid: ST925040

Mapcode National: GBR 312.FZ8

Mapcode Global: FRA 66GW.JQZ

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 26 June 1953

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1153944

English Heritage Legacy ID: 103758

Location: Tarrant Keyneston, North Dorset, Dorset, DT11

County: Dorset

District: North Dorset

Civil Parish: Tarrant Keyneston

Traditional County: Dorset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset

Church of England Parish: Tarrant Keynston with Tarrant Crawford All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Charlton Marshall

Listing Text

TARRANT KEYNESTON VILLAGE STREET
ST 90 SW
(north side)
5/37
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
26.6.53
GV II*

Parish church tower C15, remainder 1852. C19 work by T H Wyatt. Flint and
rubble, banded in the tower. Tiled roofs with stone copings. Plan: nave;
chancel; north vestry; north aisle; west tower. West tower: 2 stages and
embattled parapet separated by weathered strings; restored, pointed west
window with Perpendicular tracery and stopped label; diagonal buttresses;
small round-headed window to upper stage, south wall; square-headed, 2-light
Perpendicular windows to belfry. Most remaining windows are of one, 2 or
3 lights under pointed heads with Perpendicular tracery. North vestry has
a pointed 3-light, reticulated tracery window. Porch has a moulded, pointed
head and a label with carved stops.
Interior features; 3-bay pointed nave arcade on octagonal piers with moulded
caps; pointed tower arch of 2 chamfered orders dying into responds; chancel
arch is moulded and pointed with respond half-shafts and a label with carved
stops; C19 scissor truss roof to chancel; arch-braced collar truss springing
from corbels to nave; C19 octagonal timber pulpit entered by short vice; C19
octagonal stone font with quatrefoils to 4 sides; wrought-iron Art Nouveau
communion rails dated 1906; other features largely C19. (RCHM, Dorset, vol.IV,
p.101/2, no 1. Newman J and Pevsner, N. The Buildings of England: Dorset,
1972, p.418).


Listing NGR: ST9251604059

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.