This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0065 / 52°0'23"N
Longitude: -1.8997 / 1°53'59"W
OS Eastings: 406979
OS Northings: 234232
OS Grid: SP069342
Mapcode National: GBR 3MK.0KD
Mapcode Global: VHB17.1T1P
Entry Name: 12-15, High Street
Listing Date: 4 July 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1154066
English Heritage Legacy ID: 134859
Location: Stanton, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, WR12
Civil Parish: Stanton
Built-Up Area: Stanton (Tewkesbury)
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Stanton and Snowshill
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
STANTON HIGH STREET
11/75 Nos 12 - 15 (consecutive)
Four attached houses. C17, altered and much enlarged in 1920's by
and for Sir P. Stott. Roughly squared, coursed stone; rubble to
left return; projecting wing on left approaching ashlar; stone
slate roof. Irregular 'L' plan, single, 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 storeys. Facing
road: all windows mullioned, with hoodmoulds. To left small,
single-light; two 4-light windows, left with king mullion;
boarded door, 4-centred arch, hoodmould; 3-light window. Single-
storey wing beyond, no opening, ashlar chimney. Above, wall taken
up into 2 dormers, 3-light window in each, parapet gable, cross-
gablet apex. Parapet gables, ashlar chimney with moulded cap on
left; hipped end rear wing projects over top. Left return;
gable to front, boarded door with timber lintel off-centre to left.
Projecting wing to left, all windows mullioned, string course as
hoodmould to windows. Four-light ground floor, 3-light above, 2-
light to attic, parapet gable: ashlar chimney on ridge to right of
wing, moulded cap. To left, half-glazed door, 4-centred arch;
single-light window, roof brought down over with flattened pitch.
Two-light window set back on left, with gabled dormer over, 3-light
casement, chimney on ridge on left gable. Forms important feature
in village street; good example of Sir P. Stott's work.
(W.G. Davie & E.G. Dawber, Old Cottages, Farmhouses.... in the
Cotswold District, 1904)
Listing NGR: SP0697934232
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings