History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Upper Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Bishop's Cleeve, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9333 / 51°55'59"N

Longitude: -2.0871 / 2°5'13"W

OS Eastings: 394107

OS Northings: 226087

OS Grid: SO941260

Mapcode National: GBR 2LR.M5C

Mapcode Global: VH941.RNZT

Entry Name: Upper Farm

Listing Date: 25 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1154079

English Heritage Legacy ID: 134541

Location: Bishop's Cleeve, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL51

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

Civil Parish: Bishop's Cleeve

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Bishop's Cleeve St Michael and All Angels

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Southam

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 25/09/2012


SO 92 NW
7/133


SWINDON
BROCKHAMPTON VILLAGE
Upper Farm


GV
II


Farmhouse. C18, with an extension dated 1806 on gable end facing
road. Brick on a limestone plinth. Stone slate roof. Brick
stacks. Corrugated asbestos roof to the early C19 extension.
'L'-shaped plan to C18 main body with the early C18 extension to
gable end facing the road. Lean-to against left-hand return of
this wing. Slate-roofed single-storey extension to left gable end
of the main body not of special interest. Main body; 2 storeys
with 2 and 3-light stone-mullioned casements to main body and 1806
extension. One window with flat-chamfered limestone jambs now
with a 3-light steel casement inserted. Window below now with a
C20 glazed door inserted. Extension dated 1806; 2 storeys with
pitching window shutter with pigeon holes in gable end facing the
road and in right-hand return, suggesting that the first floor
formerly had an agricultural function.


Listing NGR: SO9410726087

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.