History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bengrove Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Sandhurst, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.9009 / 51°54'3"N

Longitude: -2.2444 / 2°14'39"W

OS Eastings: 383279

OS Northings: 222508

OS Grid: SO832225

Mapcode National: GBR 1KL.WXF

Mapcode Global: VH945.1HT4

Entry Name: Bengrove Farm

Listing Date: 12 August 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1154269

English Heritage Legacy ID: 134236

Location: Sandhurst, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL2

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

Civil Parish: Sandhurst

Built-Up Area: Sandhurst (Tewkesbury)

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Sandhurst St Lawrence

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Maisemore

Listing Text

SO 82 SW SANDHURST

5/116 Bengrove Farm

II


Detached farmhouse, Mid C19. Incised rendered brick, concrete
tile roof, brick stacks. Rectangular main body with wings
extending back rear right and left. Single-storey outbuilding at
angle to rear right-hand wing, not of special interest. Three
storeys and attic lit by 2-light dormer. Three-windowed facade,
12-pane sashes to ground and first floor, 9-pane sashes to second
floor. Pilasters with moulded capitals at corners linked to
similar pilasters either side of central windows by flattened
arches. Central C20 door within open-sided porch with square
limestone columns with moulded capitals at each corner, flat roof
with moulded stone margin. Three-storey wing rear right with 2-
light windows with segmental-headed surrounds. Single-storey wing
rear left with canted bay window in left-hand wall. House built to
replace Great Coverdean (large manor house of medieval origins)
which formerly stood nearby, demolished 1850-1855.


Listing NGR: SO8327922508

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.