History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hill House Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Harescombe, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7865 / 51°47'11"N

Longitude: -2.2261 / 2°13'33"W

OS Eastings: 384501

OS Northings: 209785

OS Grid: SO845097

Mapcode National: GBR 1LZ.VC9

Mapcode Global: VH94R.CCJ9

Entry Name: Hill House Farmhouse

Listing Date: 30 September 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1154323

English Heritage Legacy ID: 131765

Location: Harescombe, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud

Civil Parish: Harescombe

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Edge St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Painswick

Listing Text

SO 80 NW HARESCOMBE GRUNTERS LANE
(north side), Edge

7/111 Hill House Farmhouse

GV II

Detached farmhouse. Early C18 back wing; front 1820 (date on
porch). Coursed and random rubble limestone; ashlar chimneys;
concrete plain tile roof. Front range of 2 rooms, 2-storey with
cellar; 2-storey back wing. Front: 3-window all 2-light chamfered
mullioned casements with hood moulds; parapet gabled porch with
moulded Tudor arch and circular side windows; datestone over arch
reads: 'TW/1820'; Tudor arched doorway with 4-panel door.
Parapet gabled west end with ridge mounted chimney, continuous drip
mould at upper floor level and off centre cellar doorway with plank
door; 2-light mullioned casement in back wing to left of doorway
with chamfered surround. Parapet gabled east end with ridge
mounted chimney; 2-light casement off centre to each floor;
indications of several blocked single-light windows; back wing
flush with gable has 3-light with hood and 2-light to left. Back:
2-light casement to each floor to right of wing; projecting chimney
to north gable end of wing rebuilt with brick shaft. Four moulded
Tudor arched Cl9 stone fireplaces in principal rooms. Stands on
opposite side of yard to barn (q.v.). Said to have been built
with stone from Grant House (q.v.).


Listing NGR: SO8450109785

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.