This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.669 / 52°40'8"N
Longitude: 1.4587 / 1°27'31"E
OS Eastings: 633951
OS Northings: 313535
OS Grid: TG339135
Mapcode National: GBR XJQ.PM2
Mapcode Global: WHMTJ.C5VQ
Entry Name: Woolsey's Farm Barn and Attached Cattle Shelters and Walls
Listing Date: 20 February 1952
Last Amended: 19 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1154804
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228567
Location: Woodbastwick, Broadland, Norfolk, NR13
Civil Parish: Woodbastwick
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Ranworth St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 31 SW WOODBASTWICK SALHOUSE ROAD
Woolsey's Farm Barn and
Attached cattle shelters
20.02.1952 And walls
Barn, attached shelter sheds and cattle yard walls. Early-to -mid C18, altered c.1770, and with mid-C19 additions. Red brick, some vitrified and partly on a flint plinth. Thatch roof coverings, except to offshuts which are plain tiled.
PLAN: BARN of 2 builds aligned east-west, with mid-C19 SHELTER SHEDS extending south, and enclosing 2 cattle yards. North wall of barn supports lean-to OUTSHUT. EXTERIOR: barn with doorway to south wall flanked by added buttresses. The west part of the barn is earlier, and incorporates vitrified brick. Later eastern part is built of a red brick similar to that used in the 1771 heightening of the farmhouse (item 4/118). Each half of the barn has a double doorway to a threshing floor. East part with slit breathers, west part with lozenge-shaped panel of honeycomb brickwork.
INTERIOR: roof structure of 10 bays, with tie beams unrelated to principal rafters. Double butt-purlin roof, with wind braces to upper purlins. Eastern part of barn converted to cart horse stable mid-C19, and retains 3 stalls across gable wall with mangers, stall dividers and tying rings in situ. Northern lean-to used as tack room. To the south of the barn, shelter sheds with hipped roofs, range to east with flint rear wall. Yards formed by sheds enclosed by wall to south. The barn, shelters sheds and enclosure walls form part of an integrated and unusually complete group with the farmhouse (item 4/118), the coach house (item 4/121) the stable (item 4/120), and the cartshed (item 4/122).
Listing NGR: TG3395113535
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings