This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4168 / 51°25'0"N
Longitude: -0.8381 / 0°50'17"W
OS Eastings: 480894
OS Northings: 169281
OS Grid: SU808692
Mapcode National: GBR C6D.4X2
Mapcode Global: VHDX2.FN88
Entry Name: Stables, North West of Glebelands
Listing Date: 15 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1154929
English Heritage Legacy ID: 41673
Location: Wokingham, Wokingham, RG40
Civil Parish: Wokingham
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Wokingham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 86 NW
10/30 Stables, north west of
Stables, now garage and store. 1897 by Sir Ernest Newton. Brick, part
weatherboarded, tile hipped roof. L-plan, gable on north east. One
and a half storeys. Ridge chimney to left. Front to stable yard:-
wooden garage doors on left, weatherboarded gable in centre, with doors
to hay loft and dovecot over; glazed brick semi-circular arched opening
under. Wooden glazed screen with door across recessed opening. 3-light
leaded casement on right hand return. Interior:-glazed bricks to dado height
and a glazed brick fireplace.
Listing NGR: SU8089069285
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings