This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9198 / 54°55'11"N
Longitude: -1.9789 / 1°58'43"W
OS Eastings: 401452
OS Northings: 558340
OS Grid: NZ014583
Mapcode National: GBR GCMK.C6
Mapcode Global: WHB2M.KLWS
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 18 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155017
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240507
Location: Healey, Northumberland, NE44
Civil Parish: Healey
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Healey St John
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
HEALEY HEALEY VILLAGE
NZ 05 NW
Vicarage, 1877 by Ewan Christian. Snecked rock-faced stone, rock-faced quoins,
ashlar dressings; slate roof. Tudor style. Entrance (south) front 2 storeys
and attic, 3 bays, the left gabled. Chamfered plinth. 3 steps up to studded
door on left of bay 2, set in moulded 4-centred arch with sunk spandrels;
hoodmould extended over narrow window on left and stepped over sunk panel above.
Mullioned windows, those to ground floor transomed; square-paned casements in
recessed ovolo-moulded surrounds, attic loop in similar surround in left gable.
Gabled half-dormers over 2 right bays. Coped gable to right, 2 tall stepped
and corniced ridge stacks. Left return 2 wide bays, the left gabled and the
right with canted bay; similar fenestration.
Interior: rooms arranged around central hall with stair rising round 2 walls;
closed string, moulded balusters, shaped newels with ogival finials. 6-panel
doors, contemporary fittings.
Large and well-preserved rural vicarage, built at a cost of £2571 16s lOd.
Listing NGR: NZ0145258340
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings