This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5838 / 55°35'1"N
Longitude: -2.0083 / 2°0'30"W
OS Eastings: 399571
OS Northings: 632234
OS Grid: NT995322
Mapcode National: GBR G3DW.Z6
Mapcode Global: WH9ZB.3XX9
Entry Name: Church of St Mary and St Michael
Listing Date: 15 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155168
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237714
Location: Doddington, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Doddington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Doddington St Mary and St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 93 SE DODDINGTON DODDIRGTON VILLAGE
9/5 Church of St. Mary
and St. Michael
Parish church. C13 and C19. Dressed stone with Welsh slate roof. Nave, north
aisle, chancel, baptistry, south porch and north vestry.
1-bay baptistry at east end built as chancel by Ignatius Bonomi in 1839. Lancet
South porch and door, also at east end, 1893.
Nave and west chancel have continuous walls and roof line. 5 bays. The 2 bays
with original lancets form the chancel. Victorian lancets to nave. West end has
original lancet. North side has Victorian lancets, and is partly rebuilt. Gabled
roof with bellcote of 1893 above east end of nave.
Interior has C13 arch, with moulded capitals and chamfered arch, now used as
chancel arch, but until 1893 separating nave from west chamber.
3-bay C13 north arcade in similar style. Shouldered rere arches to original
lancets in chancel.
Re-cut Norman font with capitals of columns to former blind arcading.
3 medieval grave covers built into porch.
Listing NGR: NT9957232233
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings