History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Market House

A Grade II Listed Building in Northleach with Eastington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8299 / 51°49'47"N

Longitude: -1.8365 / 1°50'11"W

OS Eastings: 411362

OS Northings: 214596

OS Grid: SP113145

Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.BHL

Mapcode Global: VHB27.38YK

Entry Name: Market House

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Last Amended: 25 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1155185

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130533

Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington

Built-Up Area: Northleach

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Northleach

Listing Text

NORTHLEACH WITH HIGH STREET
SP 1114
EASTINGTON (north side), Northleach
8/96 Market House (formerly listed as
Cottage abutting and on North of Red
23.1.52 Lion Hotel and cottage abutting
occupied by Mrs S Mustoe)
GV II

Formerly two cottages in row, now one. Mid C17. Coursed squared
and dressed limestone, stone slate roof. Rectangular main body
with later extension at right angles at rear. Lean-to extension at
rear, not of special interest. Two-storey, 4-windowed facade all
C19 or C20 two or three-light casements with glazing. Upper left-
hand and lower right-hand casements with horizontal glazing bars
only. All windows with timber lintels. Flat-chamfered surround to
first floor window indicates facade was formerly lit by stone-
mullioned casements. C20 part-glazed front door off-centre left,
down step. Blocked entrance with timber lintel far left.
Interior; tie beams with beam flat chamfers and stepped stops.
Open fireplace with bressumer beam and ash pit.


Listing NGR: SP1136214596

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II The Red Lion
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Congregational Church
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II The Union
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Brunswick Cottage
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II K6 Telephone Kiosk
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Country Friends
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Brunswick House
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II The Gables
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.