History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

West House

A Grade II Listed Building in Northleach with Eastington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8295 / 51°49'46"N

Longitude: -1.836 / 1°50'9"W

OS Eastings: 411400

OS Northings: 214557

OS Grid: SP114145

Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.BN3

Mapcode Global: VHB27.488T

Entry Name: West House

Listing Date: 23 January 1952

Last Amended: 25 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1155200

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130538

Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington

Built-Up Area: Northleach

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Northleach

Listing Text

NORTHLEACH WITH HIGH STREET
SP 1114
EASTINGTON (north side), Northleach
8/101 West House (formerly listed as
cottage abutting and on north of
23.1.52 Oak House)
GV II

House in row. Mid C17-early C18, mid-late C19. Coursed limestone
rubble. Stone slate roof. Basically rectangular plan. Three-
storey, 2-windowed facade. Two large top opening C20 casements
without glazing bars to ground floor. One 2 and one 3-light C20
casement to first floor, the former with a stone surround. Two
double-chamfered 2-light stone-mullioned casements with stopped
hoods to second floor (one with stone-mullion removed).
Fenestration probably formerly all stone-mullioned casements. C20
part-glazed door left with timber lintel. Keystones to former
possible narrow doorway (now blocked) left
Interior; through passage containing griddle oven (seat-like stone
structure heated from underneath). Formerly West's Dairy.


Listing NGR: SP1140014557

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Brunswick House
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Brunswick Cottage
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Sycamore Cottage
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Congregational Church
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Narbonne House
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II The Red Lion
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Dover House
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
  • II Market House
    Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.