This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.3488 / 55°20'55"N
Longitude: -1.6129 / 1°36'46"W
OS Eastings: 424643
OS Northings: 606156
OS Grid: NU246061
Mapcode National: GBR K65L.LD
Mapcode Global: WHC1T.6T6D
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Last Amended: 1 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155207
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237189
Location: Warkworth, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Warkworth
Built-Up Area: Warkworth
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Warkworth St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 2406 WARKWORTH DIAL PLACE
21/298 No. 17 (The
10.1.53 (formerly listed
as The Vicarage)
Former vicarage. c.1820 for Rev. Thomas Cave Winsom. Squared stone of near-
ashlar quality, with ashlar band and eaves cornice; purple slate roof with
yellow brick stacks.
West (garden) elevation 2 storeys, 3 bays, symmetrical. Plinth and tooled
1st-floor band. Central blocked doorway; left bay has full-length small-paned
sash; right has C20 small-paned glazed doors and overlight; moulded steps
up at each side. 1st floor shows 16-pane sashes with slightly-projecting
sills. Moulded eaves cornice. Coped gables; rebuilt end stacks, the left
on old base.
East elevation. Left-of-centre 4-panel door with patterned fanlight in
surround with attached Tuscan piers and open-pedimented hood; right arched
stair window holding 12-pane sash with intersecting head. At left end 12-
pane sash. First-floor similar window with early C20 round window to left.
At right end 12-pane sashes, the lower renewed.
Interior: 6-panel doors, door surrounds and shutters all with beaded mouldings.
Sitting Room has fireplace with wood surround of fluted Ionic columns carrying
balustraded mantel, and egg-and-dart cornice. Dog-leg open-string stair with
stick balusters, moulded newels, moulded handrail and carved tread ends;
stairhead has panelled arch, cornice and ceiling rose.
Listing NGR: NU2464206159
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings