This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.584 / 55°35'2"N
Longitude: -2.0077 / 2°0'27"W
OS Eastings: 399611
OS Northings: 632265
OS Grid: NT996322
Mapcode National: GBR G3FW.43
Mapcode Global: WH9ZB.4X62
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 15 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155253
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237718
Location: Doddington, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Doddington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Doddington St Mary and St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 93 NE DODDINGTON DODDINGTON VILLAGE
9/9 The Old Vicarage
House, formerly vicarage. 1835-6 for Rev. Proctor. Rendered with exposed ashlar
dressings and Welsh slate roof.
2 storeys, 3 bays. Central 2-leaf door with small-paned overlight. Doorcase has
pilasters, plain frieze and cornice set in 2-storey flat raised centrepiece.
Ground-floor windows are 12-pane sashes in architraves. 6-pane sashes in similar
surrounds above. Unmoulded angle pilaster strips, plain top frieze and moulded
Hipped roof with central stack.
Similar decoration on 4-bay returns. Rear bay of house added in 1890's in similar
style but with tripartite windows in moulded surrounds.
Interior has staircase with square balusters and wreathed handrail, 6-panelled
doors and internal shutters.
Listing NGR: NT9961832264
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings