This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8237 / 50°49'25"N
Longitude: -0.9637 / 0°57'49"W
OS Eastings: 473087
OS Northings: 103201
OS Grid: SU730032
Mapcode National: GBR CFD.94V
Mapcode Global: FRA 86WX.DCT
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 16 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155352
English Heritage Legacy ID: 135488
Location: Havant, Hampshire, PO11
Electoral Ward/Division: Hayling East
Built-Up Area: North Hayling
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Hayling North St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
SU 70 SW HAVANT ST. PETER'S ROAD
7/15 CHURCH OF ST PETER
(formerly listed under
Parish church. Transitional and Early English, and C19. Nave of 4 bays with north
and south aisles, north transept at the eastern nave bay, small chancel, timber-
framed bell turret above the east bay of the nave, north and south porches.
Prominent tile roofing, the bell turret having shingled sides and broach spire.
Walls of flint and stone rubble, with stone dressings; old diagonal buttresses to
the chancel, C19 buttresses at the other corners and between the east windows. The
chancel windows are lancets (triple at the east end), and there are tall lancets
to the transept and the ends of the aisles, small Victorian lancets at the sides
of the aisles, and a Perpendicular window above the Perpendicular west door. There
are north (C15) and south porches, with open timber frames on stone base walls.
The interior is original, with pointed nave arches on simple cylindrical columns
(most with cushion caps and square bases), the chancel arch rests on ½ round attached
columns with moulded caps. Stone tub font, with pyramid 8 panelled wooden cover,
Jacobean rails, 2 old benches, and 2 oval wall monuments (of 1780 and 1829).
Listing NGR: SU7319203677
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings