This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7384 / 51°44'18"N
Longitude: -2.1616 / 2°9'41"W
OS Eastings: 388934
OS Northings: 204423
OS Grid: SO889044
Mapcode National: GBR 1MN.SDP
Mapcode Global: VH94Z.HK2P
Entry Name: The Red Lion and Red Lion Cottages
Listing Date: 24 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155427
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132596
Location: Bisley-with-Lypiatt, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Bisley-with-Lypiatt
Built-Up Area: Chalford
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bussage with Eastcombe
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 8804-8904 BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT EASTCOMBE
15/40 The Red Lion and Red Lion Cottages
Former inn with attached row to rear. Early-mid C18; inn dated
1870. Coursed and dressed limestone to inn, coursed rubble to row;
ashlar chimneys; artificial stone slate roof to inn, concrete tile
to row. Two-storey inn built across south east end of 2-storey
row. South east front: fenestration to The Red Lion 1:1:1, all
sashes with marginal glazing bars, shaped stone lintels and linking
hood moulds. Central break forward with moulded doorway having 4-
panel door and rectangular light over. Shaped high central part of
parapet has recumbent red-painted iron lion. Parapet gable ends
with chimneys having simple moulded caps. Two single-light
casements to each floor; central attic lancet slit. South west
front of row: four 2-light upper floor chamfered mullioned
casements. One, 2 and 3-light casements to ground floor and 2 C20
porch lobby additions.
Interiors not inspected.
Listing NGR: SO8893404423
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings