This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9705 / 51°58'13"N
Longitude: -2.0579 / 2°3'28"W
OS Eastings: 396115
OS Northings: 230230
OS Grid: SO961302
Mapcode National: GBR 2LD.GHJ
Mapcode Global: VHB1B.8QXR
Entry Name: Ann Booth Monument in the Churchyard of the Church of St Martin Circa 1 and 1/2 Metres South of the Chancel
Listing Date: 4 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155536
English Heritage Legacy ID: 135228
Location: Oxenton, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL52
Civil Parish: Oxenton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Woolstone St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 93 SE OXENTON WOOLSTONE
5/133 Ann Booth monument in the churchyard
of the Church of St Martin cl.5m
south of the chancel
Chest tomb to Ann Booth, relict of John Booth, died 1727 and other
members of that family, including inscription possibly dated 1717.
Limestone with moulded plinth. Raised oval inscription panel on
the south side draped with a finely carved swag with rope ties at
each corner. Similar inscription panel and decoration on the
north side. Lyre-shaped ends with large hanging bellflower
decoration to the sides. Raised oval boss with traces of an
inscription at the east end; cherub's head with foliate scrollwork
either side above. Similar but oval panel at the opposite end.
Thick capping with moulded edge.
Listing NGR: SO9611530230
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings