This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.3358 / 55°20'9"N
Longitude: -2.1028 / 2°6'10"W
OS Eastings: 393577
OS Northings: 604648
OS Grid: NT935046
Mapcode National: GBR F6RR.K2
Mapcode Global: WHB0M.N4WT
Entry Name: The Stable
Listing Date: 3 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155646
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236159
Location: Harbottle, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Harbottle
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Upper Coquetdale
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
HARBOTTLE HARBOTTLE VILLAGE
NT 9304 (East end)
26/72 The Stable
House, formerly the stable block of Harbottle Castle (New). c.1830 for the
Fenwicke-Clennels, converted to house c.1980. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof.
L-plan. 2 storeys. 5-bay front with 16-pane sashes on the ground floor and
9-pane sashes on the first floor, some in original openings.
Gabled roof with kneelers, flat coping and square block finials.
C20 doorway on left return under segmental arch. Similar windows, mainly in
To rear, stable-type door and to left, high segmental-arched double doors to
carriage house. Similar windows mainly in original openings.
Listing NGR: NT9357704648
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings