This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8663 / 51°51'58"N
Longitude: -1.9469 / 1°56'48"W
OS Eastings: 403754
OS Northings: 218638
OS Grid: SP037186
Mapcode National: GBR 3P1.SQX
Mapcode Global: VHB1Z.6CM4
Entry Name: The Gables
Listing Date: 11 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155698
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129210
Location: Shipton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Shipton
Built-Up Area: Shipton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Shipton Oliffe St Oswald
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 01 NW SHIPTON SHIPTON OLIFFE
5/105 The Gables
Detached house. Dated and initialled S.S.1867 on sunken trefoil-
headed plaque towards apex of porch gable. Rock-faced coursed
limestone. Roof; red and purple tiles in bands, stone stacks.
Rectangular plan. 2½ storeys. Three-windowed west front with
central gabled projecting porch, canted, stone-mullioned bay
windows with transoms either side of porch. Cross windows to first
floor above each canted bay, single light above porch, similar
single lights towards apex of each gable. All lights with ogee-
curved trefoil heads, carved oak trees between lights, blue brick
arches over first and second floor windows. C20 part-glazed door
at front of porch within ogee trefoil-headed arch with blue brick
arch following curve above. Fenestration on south front similar to
that on west front but without canted bays. Parallel gabled roof
with decorative ridge cresting Gable end and lateral stacks with
original crown louvred chimney pots. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP0375118641
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings