This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7511 / 51°45'3"N
Longitude: -2.1392 / 2°8'20"W
OS Eastings: 390489
OS Northings: 205826
OS Grid: SO904058
Mapcode National: GBR 1MP.00Z
Mapcode Global: VH94Z.V7ZZ
Entry Name: Red Lion House
Listing Date: 28 June 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155719
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132648
Location: Bisley-with-Lypiatt, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Bisley-with-Lypiatt
Built-Up Area: Bisley
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bisley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 9005 BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT HOLLOWAY ROAD, Bisley Village
13/89 Red Lion House
Former inn, now house attached to Rectory Farmhouse (q.v.). Mid-
late C17; various C18 and early C19 alterations. Random and
coursed rubble limestone; ashlar chimney; stone slate roof. Two-
storey. Irregular range running alongside road with rear wing.
Front: gabled part has single-window 3-light mullioned casements
with hoodmoulds; C20 doorway with lean-to porch to recessed part
of front to left, 3-light recessed chamfered mullioned casement
above. Various casements in range to right, many C20 restored.
Two eaves-mounted chimneys with chamfered caps and swept bases.
C20 garage door to right with concrete lintel. Rear: large wing
containing assembly room with 3-light east-facing casement having
ogee-headed lights. Interior not inspected. Recorded as inn from
Listing NGR: SO9048905826
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings