This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7291 / 51°43'44"N
Longitude: -2.1277 / 2°7'39"W
OS Eastings: 391278
OS Northings: 203385
OS Grid: SO912033
Mapcode National: GBR 1MW.GXB
Mapcode Global: VH950.2SJT
Entry Name: Church of St Bartholomew
Listing Date: 28 June 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155827
English Heritage Legacy ID: 132663
Location: Bisley-with-Lypiatt, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6
Civil Parish: Bisley-with-Lypiatt
Built-Up Area: Oakridge Lynch
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Oakridge St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 9103 BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT OAKRIDGE LYNCH
17/104 Church of St Bartholomew
Parish church. 1835 by Robert Stokes for Thomas Keble. Ashlar
limestone; concrete tile roof. Nave with west tower, south porch
and chancel. Five tall Early English style lancets in offset
buttressed nave walls; 4 to south set either side of parapet
gabled porch with tall moulded pointed archway, sundial set above.
Diagonal buttresses to parapet gable ends of nave. Triplet to
parapet gabled east end of chancel; single lancet to south side of
chancel only. Three-stage tower with crenellation and diagonal
offset buttresses. Lancet belfry openings with stone louvres.
Tall 2-light traceried west window with carved hood labels.
Interior: simple limewashed interior with 5-bay truss roof;
ceiling at collar level. Lower exposed part of trusses have bold
coloured decoration. Similar decoration to panelled chancel
ceiling. Wide chancel arch with triple shafts. Plain pointed
tower arch. Octagonal-fronted stone pulpit, Early English style.
Tall shaft to octagonal stone font. Stained glass of c1875 to east
(N.M. Herbert, 'Bisley' in V.C.H. Glos., xi, 1976, pp 4-40; M.A.
Rudd, Historical Records of Bisley with Lypiatt, 1937; and D.
Verey, Cotswold Churches, 1976 and Gloucestershire: The Cotswolds,
Listing NGR: SO9127803385
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings