This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.0369 / 55°2'12"N
Longitude: -2.1267 / 2°7'36"W
OS Eastings: 391998
OS Northings: 571378
OS Grid: NY919713
Mapcode National: GBR FBL6.C7
Mapcode Global: WHB1Z.9NJJ
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 15 April 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155919
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240012
Location: Humshaugh, Northumberland, NE46
Civil Parish: Humshaugh
Built-Up Area: Humshaugh
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Humshaugh St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
HUMSHAUGH HUMSHAUGH VILLAGE
NY 9171 and NY 9271 (South side)
12/253 and 13/253 Church of St. Peter
Parish Church, 1818 by H.H. Seward. Tooled ashlar; Lakeland slate roof. Broad
3-bay nave with west porch, north organ chamber and small sanctuary; Greek
Revival proportions with minimal Gothic detail. Chamfered plinth, buttresses
(set back at nave corners, and between bays on south) with moulded tops; moulded
eaves cornice. West end shows 3 steps up to porch with panelled double doors
in pointed arch; hollow-chamfered gable coping above; pointed lights in returns.
Flanking pointed-arched windows. Circular window above. Bellcote, with tall
pointed opening on gable; hollow-chamfered coping to gable and bellcote. South
wall of nave has three 2-light windows with Y tracery; 2 similar windows on
north and in projecting central organ chamber. East gable has cornice and cross-
gabled turret with blind lancet.
Lower sanctuary has 3-light east window with intersecting tracery; and circular
opening beneath gable with hollow-chamfered coping.
All windows in double-chamfered surrounds with hollow-chamfered hoodmoulds.
Interior: 4-centred chamfered sanctuary arch. Box pews at front and in side
aisles. Some marble memorial tablets. Creed and pater boards. 2 hatchments
(George III and Greenwich Hospital) over west door.
Listing NGR: NY9199871378
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings