This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.4024 / 55°24'8"N
Longitude: -1.9352 / 1°56'6"W
OS Eastings: 404200
OS Northings: 612054
OS Grid: NU042120
Mapcode National: GBR G5XZ.T6
Mapcode Global: WHB0B.7GQS
Entry Name: Office and Stable, with Attached Wall and Gateway Circa 20 Yards West of Eslington Park
Listing Date: 3 September 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1155938
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236200
Location: Whittingham, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Whittingham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Whittingham and Edlingham with Bolton Chapel
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
WHITTINGHAM ESLINGTON PARK
NU 01 SW
9/115 Office and stable,
with attached wall
and gateway c.20
yards west of
Offices and stables, wall and gateway. Early C19, remodelled 1858 for Lord
Ravensworth. Ashlar with Welsh slate and asbestos roofs.
2-storey, 7-bay range with higher 2% storey, 1-bay block to front.
Front block has 2-light mullioned window,with raised surround and 12-pane sashes,
on ground floor. Similar window, with 8-pane sashes,on 1st floor and 12-pane
sash in gabled half dormer above. Ravensworth coat of arms above ground-floor
window. Date and R for Ravensworth above 1st floor window.
Hipped roof with vane.
Rear range: 7 bays with 4 boarded doors and 16-pane sashes on ground floor;
2 pitching doors and 6-pane sashes on 1st floor. All openings in plain raised
surrounds. Roof hipped on right. Contemporary stable fittings.
High wall attached to right, hasflat coping and rusticated gatepiers with ball
Listing NGR: NU0420012054
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings