This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7589 / 51°45'32"N
Longitude: -1.8303 / 1°49'49"W
OS Eastings: 411808
OS Northings: 206703
OS Grid: SP118067
Mapcode National: GBR 4RW.L2R
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.717Y
Entry Name: 34, the Square
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1156079
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127367
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 07/12/2106
THE SQUARE (east side)
(Previously listed as Nos 33 and 34)
Formerly 2 houses, now house on end of row. Dated 'T.J. 1769'. Coursed rubble limestone to south part, random rubble to north; ashlar chimney; stone slate roof. Two-storey; 2 rear wings.
Front: 2 half gables and 2-window fenestration to left part, 3-light chamfered mullioned casements to ground floor, 2-light above. Central doorway with chamfered opening and plank door. Carved datestone above. Further half gable to right part with 2-light chamfered mullioned casement and flat hoodmould. Two 3-light casements to ground floor under continuous hoodmould. Large central ridge-mounted chimney at junction between 2 parts of house.
South end: parapet gabled end with blocked doorway and 2-light casement to left. Central upper floor casement under continuous hoodmould.
Interiors not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1181006706
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings