This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.264 / 53°15'50"N
Longitude: -1.0629 / 1°3'46"W
OS Eastings: 462600
OS Northings: 374523
OS Grid: SK626745
Mapcode National: GBR PZ0P.PN
Mapcode Global: WHFGL.N712
Entry Name: Clumber Park House, the Duke's Study and Bow Corridor
Listing Date: 1 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1156466
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241260
Location: Clumber and Hardwick, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, S80
Civil Parish: Clumber and Hardwick
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Worksop Priory with Carburton
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 67 SW WORKSOP CLUMBER LANE
House, The Duke's
Study and bow
Duke's study. The only remaining part of Clumber Park House.
c.1880. By Charles Barry Jnr. for the Duke of Newcastle. Ashlar
and brick with hipped slate roof. Plinth, string courses,
dentillated eaves, cornice, coped parapet. Single rear wall
stack. Single storey, 5 bays. Canted main south front has 2
central fixed lights flanked by single French windows. Above, 4
semi-circular recesses with moulded soffits and reeded keystones.
Bow corridor, to left, has moulded ashlar doorway and to right, 2
plain sashes. East front has, to left, projecting bay with
central moulded ashlar doorway, and to right, 2 glazing bar
sashes. Above, to left, rectangular recessed panel with ashlar
surround. Interior has at each end a margin stiled door. North
wall has central timber fireplace with Ionic columns, reeded
frieze and moulded cornice. Moulded cornice and frieze
containing original wallpaper.
Listing NGR: SK6260074523
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings