This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9795 / 51°58'46"N
Longitude: -2.3624 / 2°21'44"W
OS Eastings: 375202
OS Northings: 231283
OS Grid: SO752312
Mapcode National: GBR 0H4.X4C
Mapcode Global: VH93Q.0HFX
Entry Name: Church House
Listing Date: 17 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1156556
English Heritage Legacy ID: 125970
Location: Redmarley D'abitot, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL19
District: Forest of Dean
Civil Parish: Redmarley D'Abitot
Built-Up Area: Redmarley D'Abitot
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Redmarley d'Abitot St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
REDMARLEY D'ABITOT THE CAUSEWAY
SO 73 SE (east side)
6/151 Church House
House: late C16, altered C19, C20. Flemish bond brickwork to
ground floor, brick-nogged timber-framing first floor, tiled roof.
Four or 5 bays, one room deep, 2½ storeys. Facade to road:
plinth, two 3-light casements on right, weatherboard over; late
C20 boarded door under open gabled hood on curved brackets, off
quarter landing, up 4 concrete steps against house. Two 2-light
casement windows; projecting brick chimney breast. First floor,
weatherboard on sill: framing close studded, one panel high to
eaves. Long straight braces corner posts and one intermediate
post to sill. Two-light casement on right: framing interrupted
by brick chimney, extending above eaves. Three 2-light casements;
external brick stack with tiled offsets. Left return, late C20
oriel bow in brick ground floor; close studded first floor with
long braces: 3-light casement with weatherboard over: cambered
tie beam to truss, 4-pane window below collar, with weatherboard on
latter. Plain bargeboards. Mixed square panels and close
studding on rear. Probably jetty on street facade originally.
Building used as parish workhouse late C18 to 1834, then as house:
was village bakehouse late C19, early C20, later Post Office.
Forms group with church, The Inn House and Old Cottage (q.v.).
(C.R.O.: D 3828/3; V.C.H. Worcestershire, Vol. III, 1913.)
Listing NGR: SO7520231283
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings